However you choose to get outside, whether it’s climbing, mountain biking, camping or hiking, REI has the gear you need to make your next adventure a success. You can have an additional 3% cashback on all REI products on top of the 10% you already earn, plus other special coupons, Climbers Link can help make your next adventure a reality, at premium prices. It’s truly a great combination for the bargain-focused buyer.
The Co-op story
Just like Climbers Link, REI has always been focused on helping people get affordable access to their favorite equipment. The modern mainstays of outdoor adventure started not as a company, but as a group of climbing friends looking to get their gear at a better price. In 1935, Lloyd and Mary Anderson were looking for new ice axes that weren’t being sold at a marked up price, and were quickly frustrated with the options in their native Seattle. Rather than pay the (at the time) exorbitant cost of $20 per axe that was the going price around town, the Andersons ordered directly from a manufacturer in Austria for a fraction of the cost, and got their friends in on the action. Soon, what started as a clever way to purchase more gear, for less, became a full fledged co-op with a retail location at a nearby grocery store.
Today, the REI co-op has expanded from its original group of 21 tight-knit climbers to include over 19 million members. In addition to offering both entry-level and advanced gear at an affordable price, the company helps its members get outside with educational courses and events, including climbing classes.
With a foundation built on their love for climbing and an emphasis on providing great prices for their customers, it’s only natural that Climbers Link offers cash back on all things REI.
What gear can you buy with a cashback at REI?
In addition to carrying gear from some of the top brands in the outdoors industry, REI makes their own line of products, often at an affordable price. Whatever your next adventure, REI has the gear you need, and a price point fit for your terms.
REI was founded by a group of climbers and mountaineers, so it’s only fitting that the company carries a wide array of the best climbing gear. Whether you’re looking to hit the gym, do some trad climbing or take your skills up to the top of a mountain, REI has the shoes, harnesses, ropes and clothing you need.
Some of the bestselling climbing products on REI.com include:
- The Metolius Session II Crash Pad: This crash pad is designed for easy maneuvering, with drag handles, shoulder straps and a redesigned flap closure system.
- Black Diamond’s Contact Strap Crampons with ABS Plates: If you want to keep climbing outdoors through the winter, you’re going to need a good pair of crampons.
- Petzl’s GRIGRI Belay Device: Whether you’re belaying at the gym or the crag, this device is a great, safe choice.
Whatever you like to ride, from a sturdy commuter, a speedy road bike, to a ready-for-anything mountain bike, REI.com has the bike, parts and accessories you’re looking for. In addition to REI’s own Co-op Cycles line of bikes, the online store carries classic brands like Cannondale and Electra. In addition to bikes, REI carries all of the necessary extras, like helmets, specialized cycling shoes and maintenance tools.
Some of the bestselling bike products on REI.com include:
- Co-op Cycles’ CTY 2.1 Bike: This bike is a great choice for riders looking to navigate the bumpy, busy streets of a city.
- Co-op Cycles’ CTY 1.1 Bike: Made with the same goal in mind as the CTY 2., but more affordable
- Co-op Cycles’ CTY 1.1 Step-Through Bike: This variation on the CTY 1.1 features a lower crossbar and flat handlebar.
There’s nothing quite like leaving it all for a camping excursion into the wilderness. Whether you’re planning an easy glamping excursion or a multi-day backpacking stint, REI has the tents, sleeping bags, hiking boots, cooking equipment and other gadgets you’re looking for.
Some of the bestselling camping and hiking products on REI.com include:
- The Garmin in Reach Mini 2-Way Satellite Communicator: This satellite-connected device fits in the palm of your hand and is a great addition to any backpacker’s emergency kit.
- REI’s Flash Carbon Trekking Poles: Trekking poles can truly save your legs on long, steep hiking stretches.
- The Hydro Flask Wide-Mouth Vacuum Water Bottle – 32 fl. Oz.: There’s nothing more important than proper hydration in the wilderness. This bottle will keep your water secure and at the temperature you want it.